Fine, Hand-Crafted Ceramic Pendants, Components & Jewelry

Annoucement:

I'm having a baby and I'm preparing for my life as a new mommy! I will be discontinuing my line of ceramic pendants and components at this time. Soon, I will be closing my Etsy Shop and this blog as well. However, I will continue to make beaded jewelry designs! I must continue to create and jewelry is my passion. Please join me over at my new blog www.erinsiegeljewelry.blogspot.com. Thank you for your support!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Grecian Waters


My second entry for the April ABS Monthly Challenge. I really love "The Birth of Venus" painting by Botticelli, so I was inspired to create more than one entry this month! This time I went for a Greek look. The focal piece is my own "Ocean Waves" pendant. I hand-craved an ocean waves design in porcelain clay. The pendant is hand-knotted on black waxed linen cord with decorative copper scroll beads and copper accents, green aventurine rounds and blue kyanite ovals. Finished with a copper toggle clasp. I like how this necklace turned out and I have some special plans for it that I will reveal at a later date. So stay tuned! Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Beautiful Erin!! That pendant was MADE for this challenge!! PERFECT! I love the blues and greens in this piece. You are the master at the linen cord. man, I've been playing around with this medium and it is TIME CONSUMING!!

Erin Siegel said...

Hey, Lorelei! Thanks so much! Yes, I see you've been playing with some leather and cords and stuff. I'm glad you are trying out some different stringing materials. That's really the only way to really figure out what is your favorite. Yes, it does take some extra time to do all the hand-knotting! I enjoy it and I like the look I get with it.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

It's a beauty, Erin! I hope your submititng this one???

SummersStudio said...

Lovely, Erin. I really admire how you use the linen cord in your designs. The colours in this piece wonderful.

sharon said...

I do love that linen cord thing too Erin, it's a really nice look!
I'm not a cord kind of person, but I always admire it when I see it!

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

What a gorgeous necklace. I'm a huge fan of your work. Thanks for creating, you're truly an inspiration, I do have one question however, I bought a ceramic leaf at a bead store called Caravan Beads in Wilmington, NC it looks a lot like your pendant. The pendants weren't labeled as coming from any certain designer, but it was really beautiful, and I ended up using it to make a really nice necklace, could it be one of yours?

Erin Siegel said...

Cristi, Leanne and Sharon thank you so much! You guys rock!

bellajoya, Thank you for your wonderful comments about my work! I am flattered! *blushing* I really appreciate it so much! I'm sorry to say that the pendant you bought in NC is not mine. I don't sell to any other bead stores except for the one that I work at here in Massachusetts! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment!

Melynn said...

Wow, Erin! Your work just gets more and more beautiful!!!