Fine, Hand-Crafted Ceramic Pendants, Components & Jewelry

Annoucement:

I'm having a baby and I'm preparing for my life as a new mommy! I will be discontinuing my line of ceramic pendants and components at this time. Soon, I will be closing my Etsy Shop and this blog as well. However, I will continue to make beaded jewelry designs! I must continue to create and jewelry is my passion. Please join me over at my new blog www.erinsiegeljewelry.blogspot.com. Thank you for your support!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Every Day Heart


Okay, there...I think. Yes. No, it's perfect now. It's just what I had in mind. It's still simple and delicate but with some more interest in the asymmetrical design. I re-worked the Heart Button Bracelet from yesterday. Did I mention I've been obsessed with figuring out a perfect design for this bracelet for the past two days, now? Oh...I did mention something? Ok, sorry. I'm not usually like this. You know, usually I just bead and I'm happy with what comes out, but it was different this time. It seemed like everything I tried just wasn't quite right and every little thing and detail was like this HUGE deal! Does anyone else get like this from time to time? You know, like all crazy and stuff over your beading?
Sometimes when I make jewelry, I may make something I wouldn't nessicarily wear myself, even though I love everything I make. I really wanted THIS piece to be a reflection of me and my own personal style. Something I would wear every day. I think I finally achieved it with this bracelet! Thanks for listening to my semi-rant! Have a great TGIF and weekend!

6 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Oh yes. I have this same issue sometimes myself. I love your second outcome of the bracelet though. It's much more reminiscent of your style and I think it's definitely something I can see you wearing.

Mari said...

Lovely!!!

mairedodd said...

i do like this one! i liked the other one too... i definitely get the fidgets with some pieces... usually after i have taken the pics and posted them on flickr... then i hem and haw and decide to play with it... really do love asymmetrical designs...

TesoriTrovati said...

You have such a pretty sweet style Miss Erin! I love it. I would love to work with fibers like this, but I am not that gifted with knots. You really have such a harmonious color palette as well.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Barbara Lewis said...

A winner!

Silver Parrot said...

I've been going through this all week with a bracelet, too. I wonder if it's something in the stars or planets right now? Anyway, I didn't take mine apart to get it right like you did. I just finished it and decided to hate it LOL! You can read about it on my blog. Your bracelet came out lovely, though. Your re-design was perfect!