
I just made this necklace with my Stoneware Owl Medallion Pendant. I thought it would be fun to share this project with you and the instructions to make your own! I started with my Owl pendant and some waxed linen cord that I had on hand. The rest of the beads and supplies, I ordered from Artbeads.com.
Materials:
Stoneware Owl Medallion Pendant – Every Heart Crafts
(2) 1 yard lengths of black waxed linen cord (from local bead shop)
Supplies from Artbeads.com:
(2 ) feet of Antiqued Copper-plated Cable Chain
(4) 8mm Copper-plated Open Jump Rings
(1) 2in 21 gauge Copper Headpin
(1) 12x5mm Copper Lobster Clasp
Tools:
Ruler
Scissors
2 pairs of Chain Nose Pliers
Round Nose Pliers
Wire Cutters
Finished length is approximately 16 ½” w/adjustable chain extension to 18 ½"
Instructions:
2. Bring the two 1 yard lengthens of waxed linen cord together and fold in half. String folded ends through the Owl pendant and tie a lark’s head knot at the top of the pendant.
6. Open an 8mm copper jump ring. String the end of the copper chain and a copper lobster clasp onto the jump ring. Close the jump ring. Tie both cords onto the jump ring with a slip knot and tighten knot. String one 4mm copper bead onto each tail end of the cording. Tie an over-hand knot after each bead and trim cord ends.
7. On the other side of the necklace, separate the two cord strands. String one Bronzite tube bead onto one strand and one 4mm copper bead onto the other. Bring cords together and tie an over-hand knot with both cords, about 1" from the lark's head knot . Thread cords through a link on the copper chain. Separate cord strands. String one Turquoise round onto one strand and one 4mm copper bead onto the other. Bring cords together and tie an over-hand knot, about 1/2" from the previous knot. Thread the cords through a link on the copper chain. Repeat eight times with Turquoise rounds and 4mm copper beads.
8. Open an 8mm copper jump ring. String the end of the copper chain and the 2 in” cut piece of copper chain onto the jump ring. Close the jump ring. Tie the cord ends onto the jump ring with a slip knot and tighten knot. String one 4mm copper bead onto each tail end of the cording. Tie an over-hand knot after each bead and trim cord ends.
9. On the 2in” copper headpin, string 1 Turquoise round and 1 copper bead. Attach headpin to the end of the 2in” copper chain extender with a wrapped loop. Trim wire end.
Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this project and instructions! Do you think the instructions are clear and concise?
Would you like to see more projects?

5 comments:
I'd love to see more projects, and thanks so much for this one!! :)
Wow! What a beautiful necklace... with so much detail. And you even wrote up the tutorial! I appreciate it...what a great reference for a future project!
This is wonderful because I've always admired your necklaces, and I've never used wax linen cord in any project, so this is an appreciated tutorial. I would like to see more from you!
Erin, you are one of my favorite designers, so to see the work AND the how-to is extra special! I always marvel at the way your asymmetry balances and just works.
I would love to see more projects! (and more posts and more in your etsy shop! :)
Mary
fab project Erin. Are you submitting to magazines yet?
Post a Comment