Brand new, right-out-of-the-kiln, pendant designs! A new look and new direction for me and my work. I will be debuting these at this year's Fall Art Festival at the Riverwalk Bead Shop & Gallery going on this weekend! For this fair, I'm stringing these pendants up into simple necklaces. I even made little flat, button-type beads for a simple, loop and bead clasp. These will be for sale at the festival along with works by my fellow ceramic artists and potters of the Two Rivers Ceramics Studio. I just love being apart of a community ceramic studio. It's so nice to be able to do art shows and fairs as a group. If these do well, I will make some more after the show. If you like any of these new designs, let me know and I can make some more for you. :)
It all started with the Leaf Impression Pendant I showed you in my last post! I loved the look and the contrast of the white, matte porcelain clay with the rich, dark color of the iron oxide wash. I started thinking of other ideas on how I could use the stippling technique and the iron oxide wash to create more bold, dramatic designs and patterns. I started experimenting and these are the results!
Now, these new pendants are so very different from the work I've been producing, I know. I love everything I have made, but I need to change it up. I really wish I could be a little more consistent, though. That is one of my goals. To achieve a consistent, cohesive, recognizable look to my work....eventually, someday, I hope. LOL! I'm still exploring all the different clays, techniques and finishes out there to try in my clay world. There are many different looks you can achieve with clay. Just has in the jewelry realm, there is so much to explore in the ceramic world, it's mind-boggling! I started working in clay, making pendants just a little over 2 years ago now. I'm still growing, learning and evolving in my clay work. I hope you all can bear with me while I continue to find my voice in clay! I guess I will always be changing and evolving in some way. Change is a good thing, right? Thank you for being here through my journey. All of you have been so supportive of me and my ceramic pieces. I appreciate all my customers and blog readers so much! I hope you will continue to enjoy my new work to come! Thank you, everyone!!! :)

13 comments:
Isn't it wonderful to explore new techniques and make them your very own? You've created something beautifully special that will always be identified with you. I am placing my order right now for a dragonfly necklace! Have a wonderful festival and sell lots of goodies!
Wonderful! These are such a great look. They have a more simplistic, clean style to them. I love them all! Are you going to start selling these in your shop soon? I've got my eye on the sand dollar one but I wonder if you could make it with two holes for a focal piece on a bracelet.
They are wonderful, Erin. I actually do find these consistent with the work you do. Personally, I think if you just do the same ole, same ole, all the time you get stuck and your work starts to look flat and tired. Change is good! And these are great! Good luck this weekend. Come back and tell us about it, OK?
The new look of your pendants is a success, really beautiful, so pure. Love them all.
xox
These look great! Love the button clousres too. Best of luck to you at the art show as well.
These are wonderful, Erin! I would love to see some in your Etsy shop. I love my new leaf pendant!
It was either read it or leave a comment for now, I chose to leave a comment because these are fantastic!! WOW! I can not wait to be able to buy some!!
Keep up the grat work
Marie
Beautiful pendants! I'm sure they will be a big success at the show.....not to bold, yet very unique!
Those are a just so....yummy! I love the contrast and the graphic quality. Such a stunningly simple look...but I think I could work those into a creation of some sort...I will be looking for them, Erin! Enjoy the day! (the other) Erin :-)
I love the simplicity of these - and yet they still make a statement because of the strong contrast. My favorite is the butterfly!
Hi Erin,
Thanks for joining my blog. I LOVE your beautiful work and am so glad to discover you (after you discovered me). 8^)
I'll have to spend some extra time looking at your past posts and your etsy shop. Thanks again for following me!
Emanda
ArtemisiaStudio.blogspot.com
I love the look of your new pendants! They are simple and clean and oh so wearable. Part of finding your voice as an artist is trying new things. Hope you are having fun with the journey!
Wao that,s really nice fall art festival pics of the pendant. I like much more
Vintage Pendants
Post a Comment