REAL Leaf Impression PendantMother Nature's own design! A real leaf pressed into porcelain ceramic clay. Pendant is double-sided with impressions on both sides!
Available in my shop.
(This is the reverse side of the pendant)I've been trying some new work and techniques lately. I made this pendant kind of as a test piece, really. It came out better than I had expected! I'm really falling in love with it. It has a fossil feel to it. A leaf, nature's beauty captured in stone, literally! I love running my fingers over it, feeling the fine impression of the leaf. I like that I made it double sided, as well. I've been wanting to try more real leaf impressions for some time now. I just was not sure how I would glaze them or finish them. It is difficult to glaze the details of a real leaf because the impression is so fine and delicate. This here, is an iron oxide wash that was rubbed in and then wiped away to reveal and highlight all the fine details.
If you would please give me your impression on my impressions! I would be most grateful! :)
Thank you!

14 comments:
It looks awesome!!! like it a lot!
I like it alot as well!
These are great Erin, I think you really captured the details of the leaf and such a great idea to make them two-sided! Um, maybe, if you wanted to push the design a little farther, you could do two different colors on each side. (I know nothing about porcelain, so if this is impossible, then ignore my suggestion!)
I like it a lot Erin! And I know what you mean about fine detail and glaze. They just don't mix very well. One thing I've done in the past is to lay glaze into the impressions, then wipe the surface clean. That gives you a nice matt clay and shiny leaf impression finish. But, I love the way just the iron wash came out.
Hello Erin!
Those are so gorgeous! I am all about the leaves right now, and that has great possibilities. I love that it it doublesided. Make more! Yes!
Enjoy the day! (the other) Erin ;-)
Oh, wonderful! Thank you so much, Ladies! Please keep the comments coming! :)
You are making it hard not to sneak my hubby's credit card out and go on a shooping spree!! I LOVE that!! It is exactly the kind of thing I am into.
TFS
Marie
I love this new direction in your evolution as an artist.
Way to Go !
I love the natural beauty and rustic feeling to your new technique, the iron wash really gives it a fossil-like quality. Make more!
This is absolutely gorgeous - and I love the colors.
beautiful - and the wash seems to be just perfect! picking up the details and leaving behind a fabulous, rich color...
Wow - really cool. I love the color combination, too!
I think it looks great, Erin! A different look than most that I've seen out there. It reminds me of a fossil too. I think you should keep going with this and autumn is the perfect time to sell leaf pendants. :)
I love it - so unique and the detail is superb. Will be a big seller ! Vicki
Post a Comment