Sea Charm NecklaceA piece of aqua sea glass, a sterling silver seahorse charm and a chalcedony briolette dangle from a porcelain jewelry component by Round Rabbit.
I've admired Nancy of RoundRabbit for some time now. Her work in porcelain is quite amazing. I love following her blog to see what latest inspiring thing shes up to. Her work ethic alone is something to aspire to. Even though we both make ceramic jewelry components and sell our work on Etsy, I've never thought of her as competition. I see her as a fellow ceramic artist who's work I admire. She's someone I have a lot of respect for. I respect her work and I can appreciate her pieces even more because I understand the work, the thought and dedication she puts into it. She is another person who knows what it's like to work in clay. No explanation necessary to appreciate the work. It's nice to be able to connect to someone who knows exactly what it's like to work in the medium that you work in. We have many similarities but our personal styles are very different.
I love to collect beads and components from other artists and I've been wanting one of hers for a while. I finally saw it. As soon as I saw this jewelry component in Nancy's shop, I had a vision of what I wanted to do with it. The beautiful blue glaze of this piece whisked me away to a serene ocean beach! I knew I had to have it and bought it right away. I couldn't wait to get this! It came in the mail today and I immediately started making charms to put on it!
I envisioned this jewelry component as a charm keeper pendant. A component that you can swap charms on and off of easily. That is what I have done here in this necklace. I attached large jump rings at the bottom. I can easily add more charms or take some away. Nancy's jewelry pieces are the best. This particular component is one of my favorites. It's so versatile. I'm looking forward to getting a few more of these from her in the future. I'd like to make some other charm necklaces in different color combinations. Run on over to her extra shop and pick up a few of these and see what you can come up with!


12 comments:
This is beautiful Erin! And what a lovely way to show your respect for a fellow artist.
Lovely post, Erin. And that necklace is just so Erin. I love it!
Lovely comments on Nancy's artistic talent and your beautiful charm necklace! Isn't it great we can show off each other's work? Which reminds me, I have to get creatin' with Mr. Snowy Owl!
Beautiful necklace you have!
I love to wear Nancy's pendants and I love working with your ceramic leaves. Two different artists with great products and ideas.
It's beautiful! I love working with chalcedony.
Erin, this necklace is so pretty, it says a lot with a few pieces! I love it!
I would have never thought to use Nancy's porcelain piece like that! So clever!! I love the ocean themed dangles...it's great! Thanks for the inspiration!!
Lisa
Erin, your new necklace turned out great! I just love wearing long necklaces too...they go with everything. You're super talented!
I love your new necklace Erin!
i love this blog - it showcases what you can do and who you are and it introduces people to another artist... way to go ~ i love the community feeling... because you are right, it's not about competition, it's about everyone being the best they can be - and we will all have something a little different to offer because we are different people...
Gorgeous! I love it. I just linked your blog to mine :)
Marie
http://skyejewels.blogspot.com
You are so sweet, Erin! What a wonderful post to read - it really warmed my heart in a much needed way. Thank you.
And I truly love what you did with the ring! I have been wondering if anyone would use it in that way and now you are the first! It's a wonderful collaboration! :)
Post a Comment