Fine, Hand-Crafted Ceramic Pendants, Components & Jewelry

Annoucement:

I'm having a baby and I'm preparing for my life as a new mommy! I will be discontinuing my line of ceramic pendants and components at this time. Soon, I will be closing my Etsy Shop and this blog as well. However, I will continue to make beaded jewelry designs! I must continue to create and jewelry is my passion. Please join me over at my new blog www.erinsiegeljewelry.blogspot.com. Thank you for your support!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Around the Pond Necklace

My entry for the current ABS Monthly Challenge. The challenge this month is to make a piece of jewelry inspired by Monet's series of Water Lily paintings. My necklace here is not really a direct interpretation of the actual paintings, just an inspiration of the subject matter!


Around the Pond
The greens and browns of the surrounding trees, reflect in the surface of the still, murky water. Skimming the water's surface, a dragonfly makes it's way across the pond to land on a nearby leaf.
My own handmade stoneware leaf pendant is accented by a Thai silver dragonfly.
Thai silver, Unikite, and wood beads hand-knotted onto black waxed linen cord.

10 comments:

SueBeads said...

Nice!

Lorelei Eurto said...

sweeeeeeet!

Sharon said...

I love the colors you chose, they are very soothing, and the little guy brings some movement...lovely!

sharon said...

I really love this Erin! I love your knotting technique and the colors are really beautiful!!

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

fabulous as always!

Anonymous said...

It's lovely!

mairedodd said...

i like where the painting took you... it has a great flow... your handknotting is so well done, you are a woman of many talents...

Rosanne said...

Love it!

Beth Hikes said...

this is so sweet! I love the leaf with the dragonfly and using warm colored beads :)

Kirsty said...

This is so nice!