I have a LOT to share and talk to you about in this post, so I hope you can bear with me through the whole post! Just thought I'd throw in the warning now! :)
Well, I'm 20 weeks pregnant! I wish I had done a better job of getting a really cute belly shot, but oh, well. Things are going really great! I feel much better now in the 2nd trimester! The hormones have balanced out and I'm not experiencing any issues like I was in the 1st. Last week, we had the big, anticipated ultrasound appointment! We were so excited, we could hardly sleep the night before! It was like being a kid on Christmas Eve! We found out everything is perfect and health with the baby and we got to find out the sex! And.....It's a GIRL!!! We are so excited! We are throwing around some names for her. We like Katelyn right now. Katelyn Siegel. How does that sound? Do you like it? Any objections? :)
Ok, onto some other stuff I'd like to talk about. I have a confession to make. I haven't been making any ceramic pieces. I haven't made any since I found out I was pregnant. I did some research and I asked around and I found out that working in a busy ceramic studio for extended periods of time, isn't exactly the best place for a pregnant lady to be hanging out. When you're pregnant, your body is so much more susceptible to the absorption of toxins than normal. As you can imagine, I want to be extra cautious and my baby's health is my number one top priority. Having said all that, I will be discontinuing my line of ceramic pendants and components. I'm sorry if this is a disappointment for some of you, but under the circumstances, I'm sure that you all understand. This is the best decision for me, my sanity and the baby.
I've worked hard and listed almost all of what I have left in my Etsy Shop. Once they're gone, they're gone and I will eventually close Every Heart Crafts. I don't know if I will be returning to making ceramic pieces. Realistically, after the baby's born, I don't think I will have the time commitment that ceramics require. It is labor intensive and hours and hours of work, but nothing compares to the end product in my humble opinion. :)
I have to tell you, though, that I'm completely, 100% satisfied with what I've accomplished in the ceramic world in the last two years. I've developed my own unique style to my pieces, I've reached many goals, had my pieces featured in amazing jewelry, magazines and even some books! I couldn't have found this level of satisfaction without all of you here! THANK YOU so much for all your support! It means the world to me. I appreciate all the love and support you have given to me and my art. I can't thank you enough. The joy that I've felt seeing my handmade pieces in the jewelry of many talented designers has no comparison. That is what I will miss the most of all.
However, I will continue to create in one way or the other! You can't get rid of me that easily! LOL! OH, NO! I HAVE to be making something! I'm taking this opportunity to reinvent myself a little. I'm falling back onto my jewelry roots and continuing to make beaded jewelry. I want to continue to be apart of this online beading community that I've come to cherish over the years. I feel like I'm rediscovering jewelry all over again, somehow. I really hope to continue to be apart of the artbead world from the OTHER side and eventually start incorporating the work of some other bead artists that I've come to admire. I'm really not sure where this will lead me next, but I'm excited to be on a new path!
Since, I'm at this turning point, I'm starting up a new blog, http://www.erinsiegeljewelry.blogspot.com/. Please join me over there as I embark on a new jewelry path. Also, check out my new flickr page to see what kind of designs I come up with. Thank you, everyone for being there for me and I hope to see you over at my new blog! :)
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Pregnancy Update and Changing Creative Paths
Labels:
Changing,
Closing Shop,
Every Heart Crafts,
Jewelry,
New Path,
Pregnancy

16 comments:
awww! this makes me kind of sad! I hope that you'll be able to get back into it even part time after she's born! I like the name Katelyn!
p.s. we are coming your way, July 5 through the 7th. Looking at staying at the Garrison Inn in Newburyport. although it's haunted. we could be like Ghost Hunters. I'll have to bring my EMF detector. xox
Congratulations, Erin! I'm sorry to see that you won't be doing ceramics, but excited to see more jewelry designs from you.
I can relate to you protecting yourself during pregnancy. Prior to my first sons' birth we had a pet, she was a African Grey parrot. We hand fed and raised her from just a few weeks of birth. I never had any problems with her being in the house while I was pregnant. Within a week of having the baby I started developing severe asthma-like symptoms. This went on for 6 MONTHS. I lost 30 lbs. and had no appetite during those months. Not one of the 3 or 4doctors that I went to could figure out what was going on. I spent 9 hrs. in the ER one night and was finally referred to a lung specialist. He saw me for 5 minutes, realized what I had and sent me directly to the hospital from his office. I had something called Bird Fanciers Lung. After giving birth my immune system became HIGHLY allergic to our bird. After a few days in the hosp. and being on oxygen for a month I was able to recover. It was a 6 month nightmare. We had to give the bird away and rid our house of any fabrics and furniture prior to me coming home from the hospital. My point in all this is that things change when you are pregnant and speaking from experience you couldn't be more right to protect yourself at whatever cost.
Sorry to ramble on!
Looking forward to your new endeavors!
Erin, it is the right decision for you at this stage of your life. You can always come back to ceramics later if you miss it. In fact if you do, you already have a wonderful experience to start from. Best of luck with your new endeavors with jewelry. I will join you over on the new blog :) And that is a gorgreous baby tummy. I am so excited for you. Stay well!
Congratulations Erin, and you made a good decision to keep your pregnancy safe. I will miss your work, but I will definitely keep in touch.
Well I sure am going to miss your work. I'll treasure the sandollar pendant that much more now. However you have so much to look forward to! Congratulations on your little girl and I'll certainly be following your new blogging adventures!
I never met a Kate that I didn't like :-)
We will miss you! Makes me happy that I do have some of your pieces and maybe I can get a few more. I am glad that you are being realistic about it. My time has not become more since my kids have grown (9 and 12) but actually less. But I am so happy that you will remain a part of our community. I am off to your Etsy shop now and to your new blog! Blessings to you, your husband and baby Katelyn!
Enjoy the day!
Erin
Your belly is gorgeous and you've chosen a very pretty name for your girl. Good luck with your pregnancy and your jewelry!
I'm so excited for you! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and all the new creative adventures along the way!
Well, I'm glad I took the opportunity to buy so many of your pieces while I could. Now they are going to be "rare collector's items" LOL! I will miss your beautiful work, but I've been through the whole baby thing and totally understand.
I actually got a lot of jewelery made the first 3 months of my son's life because he just slept so much, but after that? I didn't touch a thing for about 18 months.
Then I was able to gradually increase what I did and it's really fun when they get to the age that they want to play with and "help" you create.
Congratulations on your little girl!!
I am happy for you and sad because we will miss your wonderful pieces. Needless to say I am going shopping and hope there are one or two things left. Good luck!
so happy to hear that all is going well with you and the baby - a new direction in life is a good new adventure. We'll miss your lovely ceramics but we look forward to seeing your jewellery pieces. Good luck Erin!! :) Vicki
I am so happy to hear that your baby will be a girl and that she is healthy. Lovely name. Too. I see already that you are having success with your jewelry--a sneak peak at Summer Stringing. Congrats. I will miss seeing your pieces of clay appear in my Flickr mail but now I will get to see your lovely jewelry. I have already joined your new blog and I won't miss a beat of your new life/ endeavors.
Congratulations! I have been out of the loop getting ready for B & B and now I read your blog and find out this awesome news! I am so happy for you! Motherhood is something I have always wanted but was not in the plan(there is still time left, right (though my clock is almost done ticking-lol.. never stop trying) and I am totally ecstatic every time I hear of one of my beady friends getting ready for this wonderful new path! I am glad you are doing the best you can to stay safe and have a healthy pregnancy...it may also lead you into a different medium with new and exciting things to come in the future that you and your beautiful daughter can work on together! My best wishes for you Erin & little one and the whole family! Xoxo
Your ogre traces device cable connection Or even Huge Satellite tv (Excellent Cable television) may be a very good hallmark representative of all the video and audio indication assortment, the whole warrantee by high quality! Hifi specific niche market hobbyists to employ a reasonable twine and as well amazing fashion accessories Construct it your self bordering before not unusual Beats By Dr.Dre Studio headphones. Very rarely find ready-made, to your more cost-effective pace, ahead of their demands by means of, outcomes boost superior. Obviously, recover ., virtually any scientific push is not substantial, resistance against the particular needs with the quality of the insert as well as gear! Go through the pals in this heavy, consider the association is found inside the gold plating is definitely superb, no matter how long-term, are often jewelry Guangcan, several household plus poor merchandise, the actual so-called ship any sort of accident not to mention damaged or even misplaced, or maybe a one fourth or so from about 50 % of put on usually the greyish. This excellent moment music on the cable television may be once pricey Beats by Dr.Dre. Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Solo HD
The simplest mythical beasts in order to wipe out are generally green dragons, perfectly located at the forests chaos tunnels.Raw SharksSharks supply players together with cooking experience as well as cure the best amount of hit factors hanging around.In the event that you have a high sufficient stage in order to sea food sharks,after that mind down to Catherby and also find an inventory .
RS 3 Gold
Runescape 3 Gold
Post a Comment