I want to thank all of you for your well wishes regarding my pregnancy in my first pregnancy post! Well, here it is! My preggers belly! I'm now 14 weeks and showing quite a bit already, as you can see. Now, I know what you're thinking, "Is that a preggers belly or did you just have a few too many cupcakes there, Erin?" Well, there may have been some cupcakes in my past, but I assure you that's a preggers belly and not just a chubby belly! LOL! :) I'm feeling good. Queasiness and fatigue is gone. This pregnancy business sure has been busy stuff! I've had more check-ups, Doctor's visits and tests in the last month or so than I've had in my whole life, it feels! And that's not including all the information that must be known and all the decisions to make! Anyway, I'm happy to report that all looks good and healthy, the baby seems fine with a strong heartbeat (we got to hear that at the last visit, that was so cool!) and all of my tests and check-ups have come back normal, EXCEPT, there's just one issue that's come up so far that has me a little worried. I'm going to get a bit personal here, so I apologize if this is TMI for some of you! Consider yourselves warned!
I have a fibroadenma in my left breast. It's a benign, noncancerous lump that can occur in the breast. Anyone else have one of these? I know they can be common in younger women. Anyway, I have one and it's grown in size since getting pregnant. These lumps are thought to be caused by an imbalance in hormones and the hormones during pregnancy can make them grow larger. I've had this for a while and I've had it checked out many times, but since getting pregnant it's grown so much that I'm worried it may cause problems with breastfeeding later down the line. It's still too early to tell, the doctor's are monitoring it, but they can't really give me any answers yet. There's not much that can be done about it and I can't have it removed while pregnant. It's uncomfortable, it bothers me, it's huge and I need it to reduce in size or least stop growing. The only thing I can do now to help it, is to take really good care of myself, which I have been doing since I found out I was pregnant. I will continue to eat healthy and exercise regularly and hopefully I can keep it from growing any further. I'm sure it will be fine and I feel blessed that this is the only thing I have to worry about.
On a side note, there hasn't been much claying going on and speaking of that...I'm going to be taking a break from clay for a while so that I can focus on my pregnancy, taking care of myself and preparing for the baby. I will go more into that later, BUT I do have plenty of pieces from the last firing and I will be slowly getting those listed in my shop. Thank you for all your support and Thanks for listening! :)

20 comments:
Aw, you look wonderful! I'm so happy for you!
I am glad to read that you are taking a break from clay for a while. I just attended a workshop that focused on studio safety and the woman speaking said that a pregnant woman should stay very far away from a clay studio. There is just to much bad stuff to breathe in. So stay home and enjoy this time in your life! Clay will be waiting for you when you are ready and so will all your loyal fans! :)
I am glad to hear you are taking care of yourself and enjoying your pregnancy. I am sorry you have to worry about the breast lump. Seems I had a lump like that after my firstborn but it went away quickly or else I forgot about it once I knew what it was. Has been awhile. But until I found out what it was I was worried. So please don't let yourself worry and detract from this very special time. Especially since your doctors aren't worried about it.
Take care. I enjoy hearing about how you are doing and I am sure all your blog followers do to. So please keep up the posts when you have time.
Keep focusing on staying healthy. Rest. Take advantage of all the foot rubs you can right now. Enjoy the ride, Erin! It might be bumpy at times but it will most certainly be one you won't forget or regret. Take good care. Whew. I am glad that I stocked up on your pendants ;-)
Enjoy the day! Erin
Oh Erin, look at you! I love your "new baby belly" look! I'm glad you have excellent doctors who are taking good care of you. Keep treating yourself and Baby very well and everything will be perfect. Keep us posted on your progress and God bless you and your little family.
Congrats on the baby!! How exciting :) As a mother of 4 I can tell you that as long as you do your best it will turn out great! I can't say I know anything about the lump and what it may do during Breast Feeding but I really hope everything will turn out well in the end.
Hugs
Marie
Congratulations! Your beautiful belly is amazing. Wishing you some relief from this current ailment and many blessings as you take care of yourself and the baby :)
Hi its been a busy 10 days or so and I'm just catching up on everyone's blogs that I follow.
The belly is looking swell, groan :)
Sounds like you are enjoying yourself and that is great. I can't say I have any info on your specific concern but would advise you to get in contact with your local Le Leche League group, they are a non profit organisation awith a wealth of info re breastfeeding and i am sure will point you in the right direction re an informed choice. Don't forget if it comes down to breastfeeding from only one breast its not only doable, but can be done successfully too.
Good luck and feel free to contact me by email if you need a breastfeeding ear to bend, after 10yrs of it I'm pretty clued up most of the time.
I'm off to catch up on your other posts.
Hey Erin - congrats on hearing the heartbeat and everything going well so far. Are you going to find out the sex? On the breastfeeding thing - I had one side that produced far less milk than the other, but I was able to keep my kiddo totally satisfied with just the one side (and he was a BIG eater LOL) so hopefully you won't have a problem with that side, but if you do, the other side may be able to just pick up the slack.
Congratulations Erin! I am so happy for you. I love baby bumps. My good friend is due to have hers in a couple of weeks, she stays thin and looks like she stuck a basketball under her shirt. Unlike me who was told I was eating for two and boy I did!
Take care of yourself and keep us in pictures. God Bless. Love you,
Rosanne
Congratulations, Erin! I understand about the lack of clay work. I was so exhausted in the early months that I'd be in bed by 8 p.m. You're probably coming out of that a little now. Enjoy this special time ... it sounds like you're planning to.
Congratulations! I loved being pregnant!
Just a year ago, I was about 20 weeks along. And I am really jealous. I loved being pregnant - although it is really crazy how your body slowly becomes "publicly owned", talking about exams, "blood donations" and so on. I hope everything will go well for you. Every time is just so exciting.
Erin, glad to hear the morning sickeness is over - that was always tough! Sounds like you are taking it easy and taking care of yourself. I'm wishing the best for you!
Congratulations on your pregnancy. Sounds like you are enjoying it. Good for you!
Good choice to take it slowly and enjoy this special time of your life. Hopefully everything will be fine with breastfeeding. We'll all be thinking of you. :)
Nice blog and congrats on your pregnancy.
I too am prone to lumps in my breast and had a couple larger ones while I was pregnant and afterwards - check with your primary care physician to see what follow-up is required. I had a lump needle aspirated a number of years ago - not fun but minimally invasive. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and enjoy! Time will pass at warp speed especially after the baby is born. I still have very clear memories of being pregant with my son and he turns 9 next month!
Your ogre traces device cable connection Or even Huge Satellite tv (Excellent Cable television) may be a very good hallmark representative of all the video and audio indication assortment, the whole warrantee by high quality! Hifi specific niche market hobbyists to employ a reasonable twine and as well amazing fashion accessories Construct it your self bordering before not unusual Beats By Dr.Dre Studio headphones. Very rarely find ready-made, to your more cost-effective pace, ahead of their demands by means of, outcomes boost superior. Obviously, recover ., virtually any scientific push is not substantial, resistance against the particular needs with the quality of the insert as well as gear! Go through the pals in this heavy, consider the association is found inside the gold plating is definitely superb, no matter how long-term, are often jewelry Guangcan, several household plus poor merchandise, the actual so-called ship any sort of accident not to mention damaged or even misplaced, or maybe a one fourth or so from about 50 % of put on usually the greyish. This excellent moment music on the cable television may be once pricey Beats by Dr.Dre. Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Solo HD
Pregnancy is such a beautiful thing :)
ladies’ bracelet is an exceptional choice. Its timeless appeal makes it the ideal present for birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine’s Day, or simply to show appreciation. new bangles maintain its shine, different light we recommend gently wiping the bracelet with a soft cloth after each wear and storing it in a dry, cool place. Avoid exposure to water, perfume, or harsh chemicals to keep its lustre and finish intact.
Post a Comment