

A few new necklace designs in my usual "knotty" ways. (Haha! lol.) Err... if you knew me personally, you would get the irony in that. Anyhoo, I made these two versions featuring my forest leaf pendant. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the glaze on the leaf pendant is a deep, forest green. I can't decide which one of these necklaces I like (if any). I find it's difficult to be objective about by own work. So, I need your help! Please tell me what you think of these? Which one do you like better? I tried to be a little more eclectic than I usually am with my designs by beading in a random, asymmetrical pattern. I wanted the necklace to feel organic. I love the beads and stones in these necklaces. Unakite, Kambaba Jasper, Tree Agate and wood beads.

7 comments:
I like them both. But the second one is super nice!
Thanks, Cristi! I appreciate your comment! I think I like the second one too. There's a bit more interest in the second one.
I really like the look of both, knotted on cord is one of my favorites things.
I love the colors in these...very earthy! I like the way you knotted the second one and did the dangle over the pendant, but I like the clasp on the first one better because it looks more organic.
I keep trying to make more asymmetrical/random designs in my jewelry, but it is SO hard for me! It kind of feels like coloring outside of the lines for me, lol. Thanks for sharing!
I like the first necklace because it is a simpler design with less stones so your focal leaf really stands out.
I think it would be nice to have a couple of the same type/color beads together instead of just one.
The necklace seems a little scattered because ther is no focus on one color/shape to be able to appreciate each element. Just use 2-3 color elements with your focal leaf on a necklace/bracelet.
Otherwise your work is lovely.
Thanks to everyone who's commented so far! It really helps me gain perspective. Thank you, keep it coming!
Lisa- I know, I feel the same way! I love the look of asymmetry but have a hard time achieving it. I have to work really hard at it because my brain is just not wired that way! lol!
Post a Comment